The Fiber to the X (including FTTB/ FTTC/ FTTH/ FTTN/ FTTP - fiber running all the way to the building/curb, cabinet, home, node, or premises) is a broadband network architecture using optical fiber to provide all or part of the local loop used for last mile telecommunications. The major benefit is to carry a massive amount of data, including video, voice, and big data, at high speeds over long distances. Copper cables used in traditional telephone lines and DSL cannot meet such a requirement.
According to current market research, the global fiber optics market is expected to grow between 2014 and 2019 to reach a value of $3.0 billion at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1%. Asia-Pacific is projected to be the biggest market for fiber optics on account of the growing demands from the end-user industries. Progress in FTTx applications is one of the main reasons for the rapid growth of the fiber optics market in this region.
With our global customer experiences, Pactech proudly offers telecom carriers and system integrators a comprehensive portfolio of products for their FTTx deployments and installations.
- Outdoor fibers: ribbon cables, loose cables, armored cables
- Indoor fibers: patch cables, distribution cables, breakout cables
- Fiber optic adapters
- Fiber optic splitters
- EPON/GPON Optical line terminals (OLTs)
- EPON/GPON Optical network terminals (ONTs)
- EPON/GPON Optical network units (ONUs)
- Ethernet over Coax (EOC)
- Fiber-to-Ethernet media converters
- Managed and unmanaged power over ethernet (POE) switches
- Copper cables: twisted pairs, coaxial cables