Today we proudly announce the launch of our brand new Rapide™ Direct Attach Copper (DAC) cable series. These cables are designed for data center and high speed network connectivity starting from 10Gbps.
The first cable in the Rapide™ series that is now available on our estore is the Rapide™ 10G Passive Twinax SFP+ Ethernet Cable. In general, a passive SFP+ DAC cable uses a passive copper twinaxial cable assembly and connects directly into an SFP+ housing. The cable lengths are available from 0.5m to 7m. The target use case is interconnect top-of-rack switches with application servers and storage devices within a rack.
Many people perceive that 10GBase-T is cheaper and easier to deploy than SFP+ DAC cables. However, the contrary is true in two key aspects: lower latency (0.3 vs. 2.6 microseconds) and lower power consumption (less than 1W vs. 1.5-4W per switch port).
Compared to other SFP+ DAC cables available in the marketplace, our Rapide™ 10G Passive Twinax SFP+ Ethernet Cable is superior in these characteristics:
- No crosstalk and source jitter, and extremely low insertion loss
- 360° shielding for superior EMI/EMC performance
- Patented back shell and latching mechanism for easy engagement and disengagement
- Robust pull tab and strain relief system against mechanical stress
- Individual test reports available upon request
- Custom lengths in 0.25m increments & quantity discounts available
In the coming months, we will continue to expand our Rapide™ series by adding QSFP+ and QSFP+ to 4 x SFP+ cables. Stay tuned.