Rapide DAC and AOC
High-speed and High-performance DAC Cables
Pactech’s Rapide DAC Cable Series offers a comprehensive portfolio of high-speed copper Ethernet interconnect solutions for switches, servers, and storage in data center deployments:
- No crosstalk and source jitter, and extremely low insertion loss
- Proprietary PCB termination technology for superior impedance and crosstalk control
- Patented latching mechanism for easy engagement and disengagement
- Small bend radius for higher density bundling
- 360° shielding for superior EMI/EMC performance
- Smallest die cast back shell in the market for space saving easier management
- Robust pull tab and strain relief system against mechanical stress
- High performance with rich set of test data
An Overview of Direct Attach Cables
Direct Attach Cable, short for DAC, is a form of high speed cable with hot swappable “transceivers” on either end. They can be used to connect switches to routers or servers. They are becoming increasingly popular in the network industry and widely applied in storage area network, data center, and high-performance computing connectivity etc. Because RJ-45 10G is not widely adopted, and most high density 10 G switches are delivered with 24 or 48 x SFP+ ports in one unit rack.
DACs are cheaper than the regular optics. Because the "transceivers" on both ends of DACs are not real optics. Compared with the regular optics, they are without the real components and just used to transmit the optical signals. So, the cost of DAC twinax cable is much lower without those expensive optics components. Thus, though using the same port as an optical transceiver, DACs are with significant cost savings and power savings in short reach applications.